ONLINE: Lunch 'n Learn with the Doctors: Colon Cancer
In this multidisciplinary talk conducted virtually, Drs. Merkel, Maloney Patel, Pepek and Salwitz will discuss the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the diagnosis, treatment and management of colon cancer during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Addressing who is at risk
- The connection between polyps and colon cancer
- Determining the goals of care
- Postponing diagnosis during COVID, when early diagnosis saves lives
- Evaluating stages and treatment concepts
- Screening colonoscopy vs. diagnostic colonoscopy
- Choosing between types of surgery
- The role of chemotherapy and new treatments
- The role of radiotherapy for rectal cancer
Please note, the doctors presenting will not be able to offer personal medical advice to attendees during this program.
Have a question for the doctors? We are accepting questions until May 26th. Submit your questions here: https://tinyurl.com/doctorslnl4
Registration for this program is limited.