Lung Cancer Screenings (CentraState Medical Center)
The Comprehensive Lung Care Program at CentraState Medical Center offers low-dose CT screenings for those individuals considered at high risk for developing lung cancer.
Participants should be screened annually and must meet all of the criteria to qualify for insurance coverage.
- Be a current smoker or have quit within the last 15 years.
- Must be asymptomatic (no symptoms of lung cancer). If you are experiencing symptoms, please see your primary care doctor or call 866-236-8727 for a referral.
- Have smoked a minimum of 30 “pack years,” which is the equivalent of 1 pack a day for 30 years or 2 packs a day for 15 years, etc.
- Be age 55-80 (50-77 for Medicare patients)
- Have a prescription for a low-dose CT scan for lung screening, which can be provided by their team or your physician.