In this multidisciplinary talk conducted virtually, Drs. Soffen and Reid discuss the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the diagnosis, treatment and management of prostate cancer during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Evaluation of suspected prostate cancer
- Postponing biopsy and staging workup
- Treatment options for newly-diagnosed prostate cancer
- Addressing which patients need immediate treatment
- Recommendations during COVID for hormonal therapy as a way of delaying definitive treatment
- Recommendations for timing of radiation treatment during COVID
- Addressing disease recurrence and when and how to treat it.
- Dr. Edward Soffen, Radiation Oncologist, Princeton Radiation Oncology
- Dr. Phillip Reid, Medical Oncologist, Regional Cancer Care Associates, Central Jersey
- Princeton Radiation Oncology
- Regional Cancer Care Associates Central Jersey Division
- East Brunswick Public Library's Just for the Health of It! initiative to promote community health and wellness.