ONLINE: Lunch 'n Learn with the Doctors: Lung Cancer
In this multidisciplinary talk conducted virtually, Dr. Todd Flannery, Radiation Oncologist, Princeton Radiation Oncology and Dr. Michael Nissenblatt, Medical Oncologist, Regional Cancer Care Associates, Central Jersey will discuss the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the diagnosis, treatment, and management of lung cancer during the COVID-19 pandemic. Topics include:
- Diagnosing early and advanced stages of lung cancer
- Determining the goals of care
- Selecting stage-specific treatments
- Discussing novel strategies to maximize safety and achieve the best outcomes
- Addressing how the coronavirus pandemic influences diagnosis, choice of therapy, and outcomes of care
- Choosing between surgery and radiation
- The role of stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) when treating early stage lung cancer
- How SBRT is delivered and its efficacy.
Please note, the doctors presenting will not be able to offer personal medical advice to attendees during this program.
Have a question for the doctors? We are accepting questions until May 12th. Submit your questions here: https://tinyurl.com/doctorslnl3
Registration for this program is limited.