Medical Marijuana: Benefits, Use and the Law
James C. Salwitz, MD will explain the use and benefits of medical marijuana, especially as they pertain to people with chronic pain or who have been diagnosed with cancer.
Issues to be addressed include:
- NJ cannabis law
- The indications for medical marijuana
- The difference between recreational and medical marijuana
- Is marijuana addictive? Is it a gateway drug? Can you overdose?
- What is the status of research on cannabis?
- How do you take medical marijuana?
- Can marijuana cure cancer?
- Okay, so how do I start?
Light refreshments will be provided!
Registration preferred for this free program. Register online at ebpl.org/calendar
Sponsored by Regional Cancer Care Associates, Cancer Support Community of Central New Jersey, and the library's Just for the Health of It! initiative to promote community health and wellness.
Image Source: Kimzy Nanney