Below are resources students from Robert Wood Johnson Medical School for people living with high blood pressure. These resources will help you control your blood pressure with lifestyle changes.
Healthy Diets and Lowering Blood Pressure
- Mayo Clinic: Nutrition and Healthy Eating: Discover how DASH can help you lower your blood pressure and improve your health.
- Cleveland Clinic: Hypertension and Nutrition: In most cases, no one knows what causes high blood pressure. What is known is that the foods you eat can affect your blood pressure, in both good ways and bad.
- MedlinePlus: High Blood Pressure and Diet: Making changes to your diet is a proven way to help control high blood pressure. These changes can also help you lose weight and lower your chance of heart disease and stroke.
Sodium Intake Leading to High Blood Pressure
- Cleveland Clinic: How Salt Can Impact Your Blood Pressure, Heart and Kidneys: Modifying your salt intake can affect your health and longevity
- American Heart Association: Get the Scoop on Sodium and Salt
How to Take Your Blood Pressure
Tool to Find Heart Healthy Recipes
How Exercise Can Lower Your Blood Pressure
- 7 Heart Benefits of Exercise
- Exercise: A drug-free approach to lowering high blood pressure.
- How Exercise Helps Lower Blood Pressure and 8 Activities to Try
- Getting Active to Control High Blood Pressure
- Exercise for Older Adults
- Physical Inactivity
- Exercises to Lower Blood Pressure
- Smoking and Cardiovascular Disease
- How Smoking Affects Heart Health
- How Can I Quit Smoking?
- How Can I Handle the Stress of Not Smoking?